2019 Ashland Area Citizen of the Year
The Citizen of the Year Award is sponsored by the Ashland Area Summer Fest. The recipient is an outstanding individual or group recognized for his/her/their impact on the lives of the citizens of the Ashland Area. This individual(s) shows dedication and spirit beyond what is considered regular duty.
Noteworthy Contributions and Nature of Service:
- Contribution of time and effort that supports the arts, the environment, health or any other area that contributes to the well-being and betterment of our community
- Leadership in organizing and /or promoting community events
- Involvement in activities and/or fund raising that benefits citizens of our community
- Involvement in charitable events and fund raising that improves the quality of life of others
- Downloadable Application Forms are posted online at:
and paper forms placed in accessible places in our community. (Katahdin Trust, Norstate FCU, Ashland Food Mart, Acadia FCU). Or use the Online Submission Form below (limit one per person).
- Applications will be submitted by an established deadline to the Summer Fest Committee of June 1st, 2019.
- Nominees who have received the award in the past will not qualify.
- Selection will be made by a committee consisting of at least 5 members.
- Award will be presented at the Ashland Bandstand during Summer Fest on Friday, July 5th, 2019 at approx. 6:30pm (time may be subject to change
OR Use this convenient online form:
ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMISSION FORM: